Thursday, March 22, 2007

Down but not Out

I've been on pins and needles the past week wondering about a job I interviewed for at a local private school. It was for an office assistant position that was a 10 mo. job which of course would mean summers off to be with my little Eric. Now, I've been on the fence about going back to work, so this seemed like a pretty ideal arrangement.

Well, the Lord has other plans for me. I just received the "dear john" letter today that said I was great but that they decided to hire someone else. And I sort of anticipated this letter since I knew they were in a hurry to fill the position.

But it feels like the pits. It's hard not to take it personally, although I know it's not. And I really did ask God to close the door on this job if it wasn't His will. And I know but I know that God is in the midst of this decision. He is telling me the time is not yet right to go back to work, and that something else is going to come along.

So, I'll just keep trusting Him, and trying to be faithful.

And to cheer myself up, I'm going to post my new resolutions to get over not getting this job. I'm going to tackle potty training full force. I'm going to pray for God to help renew my spirit about housecleaning and home management. Since I have been looking at day cares and preschools, I'm inspired to work harder at building learning activities into Eric's day. And on April 3rd I'm going to a Women's Luncheon with my sister! And of course, I'll keep my eye on the classifieds too!

I only hope Kevin will get over it as well .... The dollar signs in his eyes are just puddles now. While I'm not a fan of SpongeBob, I have to say that Kevin has reminded me a little of Mr. Crabs lately. Maybe there are other lessons for us to learn here as well ....

No comments: