Monday, July 30, 2007

Over the Hump

I think we've finally turned the corner in the potty training saga. Eric is finally using the potty! He tells us when he has to go ... most of the time. We still need to remind him throughout the day and ask him from time to time to "just try". In 10 days we've only had 5 accidents.

Of course there are little things to master, such as ... pull up your pants before you leave the bathroom, "shake it " over the potty, don't touch toilet seats with your hands, DEFINITELY do not put your hands in "the stream", and other such nuances of potty etiquette. I haven't even really got to Wiping yet.

I must say, this whole experience has been and is as bad as everyone said it would be. When moms would say, "Oh just wait until potty training!", I now totally know what they meant. To you mothers of mere babes, "Just wait!" I have absolutely no advice to offer ...only luck!!

In case I have failed to mention in all my whining and introspection, I am soooo proud of Eric. Every time he runs to the bathroom on his own, my heart leaps and when he announces his good effort, I am cheering him on all the way. This is a major passageway into boyhood from babyhood. And by boy is doing it well.
Way to Go Eric. Mommy really is as proud of you as she tells you she is ... maybe even more.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Congratulations!!! It is soooo nice when you can say GOOD-BYE to diapers. Your hard work pad off and your little boy is getting bigger. Savor every day cause they seem to grow faster as they get older.

Gail said...

I can spell!! Can I spell? It should have been paid not pad!!! I guess I should preview before I post!!!