Friday, July 06, 2007

Successfully employed for a week!

Friday evening ... Eric is all tucked in bed after stories and songs, the house is picked up, a favorite soft music cd is on, Kevin just came home from work, and I have 1 week of work under my belt (with a holiday in there, too!).

I'm not going to lie. I feel a little more spent than I usually do. I am so incredibly grateful that I get to ease back into work with 3 1/2 hr days for a few weeks before I go to full days. I also want to add that I like my job, the school, and the people I'm working with. I feel incredibly blessed.

And I want to take this opportunity to thank all my friends, family and church for their wonderful love and support. So many of you have said or sent a kind word of encouragement, helped with Eric, given me gifts, and prayed devotedly. All of it has meant the world to me and I do so appreciate it and you. I love you all so much!!

As for potty training: This past week was a bit of a setback, but we are not daunted. Lots of change and mom and dad have not been as diligent either with reminders and encouragement. We will start anew tomorrow with big boy underwear! I counted 9 pair that are clean tonight. That should get us through tomorrow even if every time is an accident. We are going to save pull ups for long outings and overnight only (and if Gail wants them for naptime ...I wouldn't blame her ... no fun washing blankets if an accident happens)!

So tonight I'm going to bed tired, overwhelmed a bit, but feeling loved! God is great and life is good.

No comments: